Retention & management of voicemails is an increasingly common conversation within even un-regulated organizations. Ever since unified messaging made it possible to email a voicemail; managing voicemails has become a challenge.
- IT wants to groom the mailbox disk usage by keeping mailbox size small and retention short.
- Legal, HR, Safety and other stakeholders have regular needs to keep voicemails as documentation.
- Voicemail systems don’t make it easy to find specific voicemails, and there is no access control.
- Voicemails archived with email via unified messaging don’t always come back out of the archive as expected.
- Unified messaging archiving overwrites metadata often needed during production.
- Protecting privacy, trade secrets or other privileged information is not possible when sharing a raw voicemail file.